Go Into The Light

19 Comments

1. Grant said:

Yes, I know what fratricide means, and a lot of other interesting words as well. Words are good.
    Yes, I had a lot of great teachers, I taught them a lot. Teachers must be careful to avoid giving the impression that they know best, they must be subtle.
    If the cat eats the bird then have the dog eat the cat then eat the dog and the circle of life is complete. I have some excellent Korean recipes if you need them…

October 15, 2012
    • Great. I now have Elton John’s Circle of Life going through my head all day long.

October 15, 2012
  2. L said:

I know a few people I would like to push toward the light (and I don’t mean down the bike path!).

October 12, 2012
  3. Grant said:

Slightly menacing. Where does the walkway go, and why don’t they want people escaping from it? Those are serious fences…

October 12, 2012
    • I will tell the story of the walkway. I shot it when I took the out for the stroll pictures and saw a bike path and took it and then saw the tunnel and had no idea where it led. It really reminded me a cave so I kept trying to shoot the path but the light was bad until I finally got this shot.

The funny thing is I worked in a building above it for 10 years and never knew it was there. It really is the sub-floors of the buildings but to keep the trail intact they just fenced off the building areas. You can see the pipe and conduit and if I shot the ceiling you can see insulation.

I deliberately darkened it and used a wide angle lens to get the fence to curve in like that then further collapsed it by some vignetting. If you would have asked me to do this a year ago I would have stared at you. Shooting and editing every day has taught me a lot about LightRoom.

October 12, 2012
      • Grant said:

I think Sis is dissing you Bro! I’m gobsmacked by your expertise, I’m going rightaway to look up ‘vignetting’. So much to learn, so little time!

October 12, 2012
        • SHe is referring to people she works with. If she kills me she would lose access to computer repairs and the ability to acquire movies that magically appear on a server for her viewing enjoyment.

October 13, 2012
          • L said:

Don’t sell yourself short. I also need pet sitting service.

October 13, 2012
              • Grant said:

Really glad you have a function, good pet sitters are so hard to find. Photos please.

October 14, 2012
                • I have a couple of the cat some place. She hates getting her picture taken.

October 14, 2012
                  • L said:

That’s because she is extremely modest and does not want the other cats to hate her because she is beautiful.

Now the cockatiel would love her photo taken, but the photographer appears to be terrified of a little 10 inch bird. Sad really.

October 14, 2012
                    • L said:

Gabby is too much of a lady to eat her sister. She might give her a gentle “tap” on the head with a paw, but that’s it. Now Willa Mae is another story. That birdie has gusto!

October 14, 2012
                    • L said:

The cat eats chicken and so does that bird. That is as close to cannibalism and fratricide as we are getting. We are a peace loving people.

October 14, 2012
                    • The Sister said:

Dear Grant,

My brother is afraid of a little, bitty cockatiel and is going to die if he continues to encourage the cat to eat the bird and to not take pictures, IN COLOR, of my beautiful furry and feathered family.

Sincerely,

THE Sister

PS: I never doubted your intelligence for a second, Grant. I bet you had great teachers.

October 14, 2012
                    • She’s a teacher Grant. She lies like all teachers. Just pointing that out.

October 14, 2012